Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Baby is All Grown Up...

Colin started pre-school this week! Can he be old enough? It is hard to believe he is in fact old enough to go to school. He is attending a program at Normal Community High School 3 days a week from 9-10:30. From what we have heard from several people, this program (put on by a lead teacher and high school students interested in early education) is one of the best in town. We are very excited to have gotten in! We are also very fortunate to have people willing to take him to and from pre-school. My mom takes him two mornings a week and Jenna, my cousin, in town attending IWU, picks him up two days a week. Our sitter Lori, takes him and picks him up the other day.
The high school students are assigned a child (Colin has two) and they are in charge of picking him up and taking him to and from the cars (among other things). It works out great for the drivers...they don't have to get out of the car! :)

My mom, his GG, took Colin on his first day, Tuesday to school. She went in with him to help carry all of his supplies, etc. and took pics for me. I was doing so good until I saw these two below. I had tears well up in my eyes...my baby is in SCHOOL!









He had so much fun this week, learning, meeting new people, and trying new things. He can't wait until he goes to school next week. I think partly it is because he gets to wear his new tennis shoes there, but hey, whatever works! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Moser Fam... said...

Ben started preschool two weeks ago too. I am feeling the same way you are. We have been having some challenges adjusting and staying on task though...so I am trying to figure all of that out now. It's stressing me out...I just want everyone to like him as much as I do!!! Colin looks adorable and that program at Normal High School sounds really neat! :)

Katie said...

AWWW! He is SO cute! He does look so big in those pictures, hard to believe he is ready for school. But knowing him, I know he IS ready and has been for awhile! That little mind and that vocabulary....=o) Holden is sitting in my lap and when he saw the pictures he got a big grin and pointed to him over and over. He can't say his name yet but when I said, "Is that Colin?" He goes, "YEAH!!!!!" (Why can he say Cade and not Colin? Weird!)