Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning at the Cunningham house was so much fun! Colin was so into it this year! Cade didn't really know what was going on, he was just following big brothers lead most of the time. Both of them slept in until 7:15, so that was awesome for mom and dad! :)

I made sure to run out ahead of Colin so I could catch him being so surprised. The first thing he did was check his milk and cookies to make sure Santa had in fact eaten them. He always likes to leave a carrot for each reindeer also, and was a little disappointed they didn't eat them all, but they did at least nibble on each one!

Colin got CARS slippers and he couldn't believe Santa knew which ones he wanted! That Santa guy, he is alright! :) He got lots of books, which he was so excited about. Santa was pretty generous and Colin was so thrilled with everything he got this year! The one thing he really wanted, Santa knew that it was a piece of junk, so he didn't bring it. We did feel bad when he ran out and the first thing out of his mouth was "but where is my camp set?" Seriously, this camp set was like $50 for a plastic tent, chairs, table, and little things you would use to camp, but it was all miniature sized. The pieces would get lost in about 5 minutes and/or break in less. Guess we failed on that one, but he has since forgot so maybe we did OK!



Like I said before, Cade really had no idea what was going on...but he did have fun! I love the pic of him staring wide eyed at his loot! He loved everything and wanted it opened right away...how do they catch onto that so quickly! :) He loved dumping his stocking and probably would have been just as happy with a couple of candy canes instead of everything else, but oh well!




Santa brought Colin and Cade a kitchen set for their new playroom (almost done with it!) downstairs this year. He left a note upstairs telling them to go down and check it out. I sprinted so I could make it first and once again, catch Colin with amazement on his face. I love this age!! They both were really excited and just wanted to play down there. Unfortunately, there was no play food or dishes with the kitchen and Colin made sure to point that out. Little stinker! We did go get our kitchen things out and they have had so much fun with this.




Just some more shots of the boys together on Christmas morning. They did have a lot of fun opening everything and exploring! The only thing that Santa gave them together besides the kitchen was a Handy Manny tool box. He made sure he wrote To Colin and Cade on it. Colin had a hard time with that, he thought it was just for him. So, he kept on wanting to give Cade one tool, then two, etc. Lately, they have been quite good and sharing it though!



More Christmas day coming soon!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love all of the pictures! Even though I had heard the camp set story already I was cracking up reading about it. Santa always knows what the "hunk of junk" toys are. =o) I love the boys' matching pj's! Sooo cute! The kitchen set is really nice. I love the bright colors. I am so sad we haven't been able to come over and play/exchange gifts yet. Poor Holden. I think my favorite shot is the one where Colin is holding the "Handy Manny" set with a borderline murderous look in Cade's direction as he looks at it! Too funny!!!! Sharing is hard. (Jay is still working on the concept!!! Ha!!) =o)

Steph said...

Way, way, way, too cute! I love all of the pictures and matching pjs, too! I cracked up out loud at the picture of Cade's wide-eyed look. Hilarious! I can't wait for the years to come!

The Moser Fam... said...

I thought I had commented on this...great pictures! You guys look like you had a blast together. The kitchen set is really neat. What fun they will have in their play room together! :) Hope you are having a good January... :)