Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Eve

A little late...

A couple of days before Christmas, Colin and Cade were over at my parents house playing. My mom has a basket of reindeer antlers and Cade loves them. He walks over to the basket, picks one up, then walks over to GG for her to put them on his head. He smiles and laughs until he chooses another pair for her to put on. He also loves the Santa hat (even though he didn't love seeing Santa!) Here are some fun shots of Colin and Cade getting in the Christmas spirit!



A Jameson tradition is to spend Christmas Eve with the Engle family. In the past, we would meet for dinner, go to church, and then head back to one of the houses for presents. As we have gotten older, plans change and just last year we stopped getting together after dinner because it was getting too late for the kids to stay up. The oldest Engle, Brian, along with his wife, Colleen, and their kids, Ryane and Edison stay in Chicago on Christmas Eve now, so we don't see them for our Christmas get together. We all got together at Jim's Steakhouse (a favorite of all of ours!).

From the top of the collage is Brad and Sarah, next to them is Kevin and Erin (my best friend married a best family friend...so now we get to spend Christmas Eve together - lots of fun!). Second row, is my mom, with Mama Engle, then Chris and Brad, below them is Mr. Engle with my dad, and Jeff and Emily (they are getting married in June). Last but of course, not least, is my precious family of four! Notice our coordinating clothes in colors of black, grey, and red this year, Colin even picked his sweater out so he would match daddy. Sarah and Emily chose to go with those colors too, and ended up in the exact same skirt! Too funny!



After church, we always go to my parents house to open gifts. We have always opened everything that night and then left Santa for the morning. Just some fun shots of some of the things the fam got this year. In the lower right pic of the entire family, funny story...poor Cade had fallen alseep, so I was holding him (dead weight of course!) and at the last minute he woke up, he isn't looking at the camera, but we did get some pics of him just sleeping away while we are all posing (all the while I am holding him...still dead weight!) Cade did wake up to enjoy his first Christmas (that he could actually do something at) and he and Colin had lots of fun opening presents! They both got so many cool things. Thanks Papa, GG, Uncle Brad, Aunt Sarah, and Uncle Chris!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

I missed these yesterday! So cute! Looks like you all had a great time, esp. the boys. I love your sweater! The matching family ensemble is nice. I love how Cade's head is up in that family picture, you can tell he is just waking up. Your collages are cool with the spaces in between. Is that on Picasa 3? I'll have to look. We really missed going to the hockey game last night. Holden will be excited to get together with the boys to exchange gifts. It makes it fun since everything else is done. (And we both know our houses could use some more toys....!)

The Moser Fam... said...

Is that Erin Berry?? It looks like her, but a little different. I knew you guys had stayed close, so I was kind of thinking it was. How cool...if so?! Please tell her I said hi. I'd love to keep in touch with her too. Does her Dad still live across the street from my old house on Brookshire Green? :) :)