Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fun at the Library

Colin loves reading more than anything. He constantly has books in his hands and even goes to sleep with a pile of books in his bed. Sometimes when I think he is asleep, I go in and check on him and find him reading his books instead! Little stinker! So, this summer we signed him up for the summer reading program. He had to read 5 books a week to get a prize. So, each week, we would go to the library and he got to pick a prize out. He usually went for the Steak & Shake milkshake coupons, Denny's Doughnuts doughnuts coupons, or McDonald's ice cream cone coupons. Once he did pick a free DVD rental from the library. My kid loves desserts! :)

Every week, he got to pick out 5 books to take home for the week. They also have a Discovery room to play in there. Here are some pics from our recent trip to the library. The reading program is now over and since he completed it he got a ticket for a free book to take home. He loved the whole program and definitely loved checking out books (mostly about cars, trucks, etc.) I need to make sure to make time during the school year to continue going there. We are fortunate that our sitter brings the kids to the library often, too. As you can see, even Cade enjoys the library, especially when Colin reads to him there.

Enjoy!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! I can't wait until Holden is into reading. Kids' books are still my favorites! I didn't know they had a discovery room there. That is good to know for some of those LOOONG cold weekends this winter! =o) He does enjoy board books as long as he turns the pages himself...nobody better try and help him! The pictures of Colin on his tummy reading are so cute. I also enjoyed the one of Cade with the crooked hat! I was cracking up at Colin's prize choices. Doesn't surprise me one bit! A boy after my own heart, loves his sweets.

The Moser Fam... said...

I recognize that book Colin is reading! Ben "reads" it almost every day...."Cars and Trucks and Things That Go!" That's a favorite in our house! There is nothing like a good Richard Scarry book?! :) Does he have fun finding Goldbug on all of the pages? What a cutie and so great that he can show Cade that it is fun to read!