Monday, December 1, 2008

The Birthday Party

We had the boys birthday parties on November 15th this year. Since the boys birthdays are only 2 days apart, we will always have joint parties...at least family ones! We had a lot of people here and the boys had so much fun and got lots of fun things too!
Here are some shots of the boys opening presents. Colin loves opening presents, and wants to make sure he knows who each one is from. Cade got into it also. Once he opened one thing, he just wanted to walk away with that and left me opening presents. People would point him back in my direction and we would start all over. He did a nice job of not eating the paper, so I was impressed!





Colin and his cake. We have had a "CARS" party for the last 2 years. He absolutely loves the movie and all of the characters. He chose MACK to be on his cake this year. It turned out awesome and Colin couldn't have been happier. He just kept smiling and saying "Mack is on my cake!" When I went to cut it, he had to have his eyes...that was kind of hard, but how do you tell the birthday boy no??



I was hoping Cade would make a complete mess, but at least he ate some of it and got a little dirty. He didn't like the little cupcake I put in front of him, but once the whole cake was put in front of him, he was happier and started digging in. He kept putting his hands up to anyone that walked by to either pick him up or clean his hands. I don't know where my boys get that from!??



A few more shots from the party. Colin has been wanting a pinata at his birthday party for quite some time. I got his McQueen one at Walmart. I had never seen the pull string ones, and I was thrilled that no one had to beat him to death so it would open. I think if that is what had to happen, Colin would have been traumatized! Anyways, we had lots of fun with family and friends. Until next year...


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

We had so much fun watching the boys enjoy their birthdays! (Okay, I did...Holden had so much fun eating cake for lunch and getting into all of Colin's toys!) The Pinata was a big hit. I am going to have to remember the "strings" version since we have some hilarious family stories of people with knots on their head/a certain hole in my uncle's wall due to childhood parties! Colin is looking so old. He was in love with that garbage truck. And I loved how Cade just wanted his Cheetos, forget the cake!

The Moser Fam... said...

How fun that they can celebrate together with one giant party! I love the "Mack" cake! Ben would love that! Looks like lots of fun and lots of presents (isn't it kinda crazy how much stuff little ones accumulate in such a short amount of time?!). Happy belated b-day to them both! :)