Monday, December 29, 2008

Fun in the Ice??

Illinois has been hit with freezing cold weather, including ice and snow and below zero temperatures. Most of the ice was inches thick in most places. Right now, about a week after these pics it is sunny and in the 50s! Illinois weather is always crazy! Who knows! Steve got a cheapo sled for Colin and brought him out on the driveway to slide down it and into the street. Yes, we checked for cars each time! :) He had so much fun going down and then trying to make it back up with the sled. Dad ended up carrying him and the sled up again because it was so slippery. Colin really wanted Cade to come with him. So, I bundled him up (if you look closely he has no boots on, yes, bad mom I am! - his don't fit (from Colin) and I didn't have anything that would fit him, so we went out quickly with no boots on). He wasn't very happy (what is it with this kid lately!) I think they are hilarious though. Colin and Cade going down and Cade just screaming - probably due to the shear freezingness of the outside, not to mention he had nothing on over his socks. Well, we lasted....40 seconds outside, if that! Colin and dad only lasted about 4 minutes but had so much fun. It was way too cold to stay out longer than they did. I was freezing in the few short seconds I ran outside to take their pics. I guess braving the cold was worth it because after Colin thawed out, he wanted to go again!!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! You are not a bad mom Taylor's boots are 2 sizes too big and fall off so we cant wear them far (in and out of places). They too are hand me downs for her cousin!! I love the new header pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Love the new page!! The pics are great! I absoulutely love the Santa pics, too. Cade (and Colin) will hopefully laugh one day, too. :)hehe!

Katie said...

WOW, your blog got a makeover! It looks awesome! I love the header pictures. Lynne did such a great job! Love the Santa picture. I wish I would have scanned Holden's so I could have posted it. He and Cade have very similar expressions...go figure, they are long-lost brothers, the two of them! I love the mental image of Colin reprimanding Cade for crying at Santa. You will cherish that picture.

Katie said...

PS Okay, thought I was posting on the Santa page!? =o) I just had to comment on the ice sledding, too. HILARIOUS picture of Cade screaming his head off! Poor kid is getting a lot of crying air time lately. He's usually so smiley, too! Oh, the ways we attempt to have fun and not go stir crazy during Illinois' winter. Heck, it lasts like 7 months out of the year, we have to get our kicks somehow, right?!

The Scott Family said...

I love the new look of your blog. You will have to tell me how you did it. I bet you can't wait for a regular snow day so you can go real sledding and hopeful it won't be so cold. It did look like fun!